For those of you who don’t remember, the original Hyundai Zombie Survival Machine was a highly-modified Elantra Coupe that was unveiled at last year’s Comic-Con International in San Diego.
At the time Hyundai Motors announced that it had “partnered with Robert Kirkman’s Skybound imprint at Image Comics and Kirkman’s groundbreaking comic and best-selling graphic novels, The Walking Dead, along with Future US, at Comic-Con International.”
Surviving the apocalypse
“The Hyundai Undead program allows us to interact with hundreds of thousands of film, comic, TV and video game fans during this summer’s ultimate pop culture event,” said Steve Shannon, vice president of Marketing, Hyundai Motor America. “We can’t wait to unveil our custom Elantra Coupe Zombie Survival Machine, the ultimate car for The Walking Dead fans and anyone who wants to survive a zombie apocalypse.”
Veloster Turbo Zombie Survival Machine
Like its progenitor the Elantra Coupe Zombie Survival Machine (ECZSM), the Veloster Turbo Zombie Survival Machine (VTZSM) is no ordinary Hyundai. Designed by Kirkman and fabricated by Galpin Auto Sports, the VTZSM sports a number of cataclysm-themed modifications including:
• Vitamin C textured paint
• Hand fabricated armor
• Saw blade tooth-like front grill
• Wrought iron caged headlights
• Chain link fenced armored tail lights
• Quick change front bumper chainsaws
• Quick change front bumper horde plow
• Hood with sand bags, supply cargo hood mounts, double barrel shotgun with mount
• Hood scoop
• Hand fabricated front and rear fenders
• Door weaponry including door mounted flame thrower, base blades, machine gun
• Window armor consisting of a wrought iron windshield screen, a slit panel armor plated windshield screen and barbed wire side window cages
• Roof mounted PA system “doom whistle”
• Roof mounted flood lights
• Roof mounted turret/hatch
• Roof mounted quick change .50 caliber machine gun
• Roof mounted quick change flame thrower
• At the rear: baseball bat with spikes mounted to trunk, Samurai sword, spare wheel/tire mounted to hatch and an off-road style armored rear bumper with knife blades projecting from it
• Forged wheels
• All-terrain tires
• Wheel blade weaponry
• LineX style sprayed flooring
• Metal fabricated interior walls
• Reinforcement for roof hatch & roof mounted weapons
• Multiple control panels to control weapons, lights, etc.
• Miscellaneous survival equipment (sleeping bag, gun, etc.)
• Storage solutions including machete holders mounted on either side of the seats that replace conventional cup holders
This year Maximum PC has also partnered up with Hyundai and the Walking Dead, so if you find the latest zombie killer lacking, it may very well be that your ship has just come in.
According to Maximum PC:
If you think you can design an even badder zombie-killing machine, head on over to http://walkingdeadchopshop.com/ to download the official Walking Dead Chop Shop app where you’ll be able to personalize your own zombie-killing machine.
Once you’re done with your digital construction, the app will give you a survivability score. The best community-made cars will be entered into a contest to see which vehicle will be built into a real-life construction. Furthermore, the creator of the winning entry will be flown out to New York Comic Con in October where the vehicle will be unveiled to meet Robert Kirkman, the creator of the Walking Dead, himself!