There's no Hemi under the hood, but the 2018 Pacifica's new S package does include a plethora of exterior and interior black accents that, at the very least, moves the needle ever so slightly into the "sporty" zone.
"The Chrysler Pacifica definitely stands out in the school drop-off line, and its class-leading style has won over many new customers," said Tim Kuniskis, Head of Passenger Car Brands – Dodge, SRT, Chrysler and Fiat, FCA – North America.
Evidently it didn't stand out enough, because the marketers at FCA have decided to give their much-lauded minivan the same murdered-out "S" treatment previously reserved for the 300 sedan
"The Pacifica’s S Appearance Package," added Kuniskis, "takes that style to the next level and offers our customers yet another unique personality that further differentiates Pacifica from the rest of the segment."
2018 Chrysler Pacifica S Package
So what do buyers get for the $595 Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) that can be added to any Touring Plus, Touring L, Touring L Plus or Limited models?
On the outside:
- Gloss Black accent grille surrounds
- Gloss Black accent headlamp eyebrow accents
- Gloss Black accent daylight opening molding
- Gloss Black accent rear valance molding
- Black Noise finish eighteen-inch wheels
- Black Noise finish front and rear Chrysler wing badges with Gloss Black insert
- Black Noise finish “Pacifica” and “S” badges in the rear
Exterior options include 20-inch Black Noise wheels ($995 MSRP), while a black roof rack is optional on the Touring Plus and standard on other trim levels.
On the inside:
- "S" logo black seats with Light Diesel Gray accents
- Steering wheel with Light Diesel Gray stitching and Piano Black accents
- Light Diesel Gray stitched Instrument panel
- Light Diesel Gray stitched door trim
- Anodized Ice Cave instrument panel bezels
- Black front overhead console
- Black headliner and visors
- Black second- and third-row cargo lighting bezel
- Black A-pillar trim
- Black center console
The Pacifica S Appearance Package will be available to order this week from Chrysler dealers, while vehicles equipped with the package will start appearing in dealer showrooms sometime this fall.