Vespa USA and Lifetime Networks team up to help a dozen non profit agencies raise funds for breast cancer awareness
How to get noticed
At LotPro.com, we realize that a disproportionate number of drivers spend a lot of money on their rides just to get noticed. So if you’re one of those types who’s also interested in donating to a worthy cause (as well as you scooter fanatics out there), have we got news for you: Vespa USA has just partnered with Lifetime Networks’ 15th annual National Breast Cancer Awareness Month campaign, “Stop Breast Cancer for Life: The Power of 15” by donating a limited-edition pink Vespa LX 50 to 12 different non-profit agencies to help “fuel” their fund-raising initiatives.
"In today's economy, people are being more and more selective about how they donate, which means we are always considering creative ways to connect with new audiences," said Dr. Susan Love, President of the Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation. "While the color pink is now universally associated with breast cancer awareness, simply being aware is not enough. Our mission is to move breast cancer beyond a cure and we are doing it by recruiting one million women nationwide to sign up and be part of our Army of Women initiative. We welcome Vespa to our arsenal and plan to use our pink Vespa to ignite all women to reach out and recruit every woman in their life to sign up and be part of the movement to find the cause and prevent breast cancer once and for all."
Vespa Pink Campaign
Here is the current list of charity events and activities that feature a pink Vespa LX 50:
• Breast Cancer Network of Strength www.networkofstrength.org will host an event on October 6 at the Hard Rock Cafe in Chicago, IL
• BreastCancer.org will host an event in Philadelphia November 14 with Fuelthecure.net
• The Breast Cancer Research Foundation's www.bcrfcure.org auction, including the pink Vespa LX 50, goes live on charitybuzz.com September 29 and ends October 22, 2009
• Bright Pink www.BeBrightPink.org will list its pink Vespa on eBay during the month of October with eBay's Giving Works
• Cup with Love www.cupwithlove.org will conduct a raffle from October 1 - 31, 2009
• Dr. Susan Love Research Foundation www.dslrf.org will launch a social media contest titled "How Would You Recruit an Army of Women?" October through November, 2009
• The Greater New York City Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure www.komennyc.org will offer the Vespa as a reward incentive to fundraisers who exceed their Komen NYC Race for the Cure pledge goals between September 14 and October 31
• My Vision Foundation www.myvision.org make a minimum $100 donation through October for a chance to win the pink Vespa LX 50
• Nueva Vida www.nueva-vida.org will conduct a raffle from September 23 through October 31
• Prevent Cancer Foundation www.preventcancer.org Sign up for "Screen Your Boobs" alerts through October and participants are automatically entered to win the pink Vespa
• SHARE's www.sharecancersupport.org sixth annual "A Second Helping of Life" tasting and live auction event features leading female chefs and chance to bid on the pink Vespa LX 50. The event is scheduled for September 21, 2009 from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at Chelsea Piers in New York City. Tickets can be purchased by calling (212) 719-0364, ext. 239
• Young Survival Coalition www.youngsurvival.org Through November 16, become a "fan" on the Young Survival Coalition's Facebook page and you can have a chance to win the pink Vespa LX 50
For more information
Vespa USA will be announcing final details of each fundraising initiative later this month. Information about all the listed charities and their programs can also be found on the Vespa USA web site (www.VespaUSA.com).
all images courtesy of Vespa USA