The first images of the fourth-generation Kia Rio are released ahead of its world premiere later this month at the 2016 Paris Motor Show.
2018 Kia Rio
The press release also described interior and exterior changes as well as a few vital statistics of the new subcompact, much of which we'll pass on. So here goes.
2018 Kia Rio exterior
The list of exterior changes includes:
• Kia's signature 'tiger-nose' grille is thinner in height and wider
• Bi-function projection headlamps with a new U-shaped LED light signature. Changes to Fog lamps moved outwards
• More upright rear section
• Near-vertical rear windscreen
• Shorter rear overhang
• New character line that runs from the grille, through the headlamps and along the top of the doors and continues around the back of the car
• Thinner rear lamps with a new arrow-shaped LED light signature
2018 Kia Rio interior
Among other things, changes to the interior include:
• Dashboard angled towards the driver
• A new infotainment system
• A 'floating' HMI (human-machine interface), with a high-res touchscreen for the Rio's audio, navigation and new connectivity systems, reducing the number of buttons on the center console
• Interior trim choices include black or grey cloth seat upholstery, or with black or grey artificial leather
• A 'Red Pack' features black with red artificial leather-trimmed seats with gloss black and metallic trim
2018 Kia Rio specifications
Length: 160 inches (up 0.6 inches) (4,065 mm)
Width: 67.9 inches (up 0.2 inches) (1,725mm)
Wheelbase: 101.6 inches (up 0.4 inches) (2,580 mm)
Height: 57 inches (down 0.2 inches) (1,450 mm)
2018 Kia Rio prices and availability
According to the press release, production of the all-new Rio is scheduled to begin late in the fourth quarter of 2016 with pricing released closer to its on-sale date.
More images and additional information will be released following its official unveiling. Kia's 2016 Mondial de l'Automobile press conference will start at 14:45 CET (8:45 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time) on September 29th in Hall 3 of the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles.