Pricing is revealed for the 2016 Camry Special Edition and 2016 Corolla Special Edition models that were unveiled earlier this year at the 2015 Chicago Auto Show
Chicago Auto Show
Although more of a consumer show and hardly the scene of media frenzy that it once was, there was still some important news that came out of this year's Chicago Auto Show, not the least of which were the reveals of two special models from Toyota - the 2016 Toyota Camry Special Edition and 2016 Toyota Corolla Special Edition.
On July 17th, Toyota released further details, including pricing, of both models that will begin arriving at dealerships in mid-August, 2015.
2016 Toyota Camry Special Edition
Just a year after undergoing a major refresh, the 2016 Camry Special Edition (powered by Toyota's 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine mated to a six-speed automatic), based on the Camry SE, will add the following features to that trim:
• Special Edition 18-inch machined alloy wheels with gloss black accents shod with P225/45R18 tires
• Power tilt/slide moonroof
• Smoked tail lamp lenses
• Blue Streak Metallic and Blizzard Pearl exterior colors
• Sport fabric seats with blue inserts and blue contrast stitching;
• 8-way power-adjusted driver’s seat with power lumbar support;
• 4-way adjustable front passenger seat
• Dark Blue interior trim
• Special Edition meter cluster with TFT Multi-Information Display
• Entune Audio Plus with Connected Navigation
• Smart Key (front doors and trunk) with Push Button Start
• Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging
• Special Edition badge and Camry Special Edition logo floor mats
The Camry Special Edition will carry a Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $25,715, will be limited to approximately 12,000 units, and will be produced from August 2015 to January 2016.
2016 Toyota Corolla Special Edition
All-new for the 2014 model year, the 2016 Corolla Special Edition, based on the Corolla S Plus grade (which includes 4-wheel disc brakes), will include the following extras:
• Special Edition 17-inch alloy wheels with gloss black finish
• Smart key with pushbutton start
• Black mixed media seats with red contrast stitching
• Black interior with red contrast stitching on steering wheel, shift boot and center armrest
• Red accented dash panel and door trim
• Three exterior colors: exclusive Absolutely Red, Black Sand Pearl and Super White
• Special Edition floor mats with logo and unique exterior badge
Toyota’s Entune Premium Audio with Navigation and App Suite and a power tilt/slide moonroof will be available as options.
The base MSRP for the Corolla Special Edition will be $20,635; it will be produced between August 2015 and January 2016 and will be limited to approximately 8,000 units.